STEPCRAFT is the first desktop CNC system offering an automatic Tool Changer. The magazine contains five tool pockets (optionally expandable to up to ten tool pockets). Thus, it enables an automatic processing of complicated workpieces. Ideal for workpieces in small batch series.
The assembly is very easy: The Automatic Tool Changer attaches to the HF-500 spindle shaft which in turn is then being inserted into the 43mm collar.
The tool is kept in a clamping system of an SK10 tool holder. This is being held in a draw-in collet using spring power and pneumatically released. The Tool Change Attachment contains an integrated sealing air which prevents the ingress of dust into its bearing and extents the life of the product.
With the Switch-Box the time-consuming connecting and disconnecting of the different devices is no longer necessary. It offers space for the connection of up to eight accessories which can then be easily selected and started right away. The electronics module of the automatic tool changer is already installed in this Switch-Box. The electronics module for the Tool Changer inkl. pneumatic valve is completely pre-assembled and needs only to be inserted into the Switch-Box.
NOTE - We ONLY OFFER SK10 Tool Holders in 1/8" and 3/16" sizes. We DO NOT offer 1/4" for this system.
*If you would like to use the Laser Engraving Head DL445 with the Switch Box also, then you MUST purchase the 2nd Layer module add-on to enable it's connectivity and switch it on/off with the Box.
- Magazine to hold 5 tools (extendable for up to 10)
- Housing made of aluminum 7075, hard- anodized
- Spindle shaft made of stainless steel, with double ball bearing
- Concentricity of 0,02 mm
- Weight: 357 g
- Tensile force of the spring: 20 kg = approx. 200 N
- Uses SK10 tool holding system with integrated collet
- Operating pressure: 8 bar
- 2 pneumatic connections for 6 mm tubes
- Fixture with 43 mm shaft diameter
- Suitable for speeds up to 20.000 rpm
- Diameter of attachment: 52 mm
Scope of Delivery:
- 1x Tool Changer Attachment
- 1x Magazine with 5 pockets
- 2x SK10 tool holder for tools with ø 3.175 mm (1/8 " Size)
- 1x Switch Box with tool Changer Module